[3830] TBDC NE9U Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC NE9U Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 22:07:18 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: NE9U
Operator(s): NE9U
Station: NE9U

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:

Total:  QSOs = 476  Total Score = 2,355

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

For ARRL 160, I did a field day style operation from my up nort cabin where it
is nice and quiet. (minus the generator and tent)   Things went pretty well, so
I left the antennas up for the rest of the winter and decided to give Stew Perry
a try.

After ARRL 160 I coiled up my coax and 2 of my 7 130 foot radials (so my snow
plower wouldn't wreck them).  When i got to cabin I found all my cables were
buried in a 4 foot snow drift.  I dug out the coax, but completely forgot about
my two radials...so i ended up only using 5 radials (with 2 coiled up).....might
explain why my 1;1 swr dropped from 1830 to 1812?

I also left up my K9AY loop hanging from a tree branch about 25 feet high.  I
cant rave enough about how well this little thing works!  Unfortunately the one
i installed at my home qth doesn't work nearly as well (due to different
soils?...neighbors chain-link fence in close approximation to the one at home?
One at cabin 5 feet from lake?)

Anyway...had fun.  Everything went well except operator kept falling asleep at
the end!

Maybe cu all in cqww 160.  I have never tried this one, but have a good reason
this year to give it a shot if i can keep the weekend free!

73

Scott  NE9U