[3830] ARRL 10 KL2HD SO SSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 KL2HD SO SSB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 21:02:03 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KL2HD
Operator(s): KL2HD
Station: KL2HD

Class: SO SSB LP
QTH: Homer, AK

   CW:
  SSB:   6     4
-------------------
Total:   6     4  Total Score = 48

Fiirst time in this contest.  Learned lots of things about my radio and station
set up, including when this band opens up.  Heard strong openings to most SA
countries on Sunday, but my weak signal had no chance against the pileups.  Not
many stations heard my calling -sigh.  Tried mostly S&P, but CQd for about an
hour with no luck.  Used a Loop skywire at 40 ft. Would love to have a
directional antenna. Best time was 3 contacts in Australia.  Also worked MO,
SD, TX.  Looking forward to getting "most improved" award next year! Ha!