[3830] CQWW CW M6T(@G0KPW) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW M6T(@G0KPW) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 13:40:48 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: M6T
Operator(s): G0OPB, G3WGN/WJ6O, G4BUO, G4PIQ, G4TSH
Station: G0KPW

Class: M/S HP
QTH: JO02RF

  160:  347    18       84
   80: 1472    31      127
   40: 1299    38      143
   20: 1292    38      135
   15: 1328    37      152
   10:  169    28      104
------------------------------

Basically a lot of maintenance effort in the days before the contest to get the
station back to more or less where it was 2 years ago. We had a long list of
items which required dealing with in a priority order and just worked through
as many of the as we could until we got to the contest. Every tower / antenna
on the site needed something doing to it â?" ranging from a simple lifting rope
replacement on the 15m tower to a full 6 man-day debug and repair of the 80m 4
square.

The contest went pretty seamlessly and other than a few dozes of RF in the
keyer / switching due to a hastily lashed together and complex station, none of
the equipment missed a beat. We thought that conditions were somewhat better on
the high bands than in 2008, but we didnâ??t have the super low band conditions
of that year â?" we found 160 pretty average. There were some remarkable moments
like passing a ZS to 80m, having the mult station call him, getting no joy, but
having 5H3EE call us for a double mult while we were calling the ZS! We had
quite a lot of snow static on the Saturday, but the tri-bander was largely
unaffected â?" presumably because the elements are insulated. Many of the
packet pile ups were evil â?" lots of incessant calling when the caller really
couldnâ??t hear the station. The folks who went split made life much easier,
but these pile-ups are an element of packet assisted contesting that I really
dislike.

Thanks to everyone for the QSOs and the competition, and to Bob, G4BAH for use
of the station. See you all in the next one.

Rig : 2 x FT1000MP + Alpha 87A

Ant :
160m â?" 33m tall T + Inv-V @ 28m + 580ft NW Beverage
80m â?" 4 square + Inv-V @ 20m + 580ft NW Beverage