[3830] CQWW CW KM6I SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KM6I SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 20:48:17 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KM6I
Operator(s): KM6I
Station: KM6I

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Mountain View, CA

  160:
   80:    6     5        4
   40:   92    19       29
   20:   27    12       14
   15:   40    12       14
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

After operating both weekends of ARRL Sweepstakes from a friend's QTH with lots
of 5 el yagis, I thought I might be burned out on contesting and/or
disappointed with my simple wire antennas.

Wrong. I had a blast.

Although I only had a few hours to operate, most of which were local
nighittime, I had a ton of fun, including a bit of running on 40m. Picked up a
few new countries. Thanks to all the great ops who were able to dig me out of
the pileups.

I opted to forego the cluster and use my ears. Kinda fun, and reminded me of my
first contests back in the 1970s. Still, technology rules, and having the N1MM
bandmap available to keep track of what I'd heard was really valuable.

K3 + Hercules @ 500w
Dipole @ 60 feet

73,

- Gordon KM6I