[3830] CQWW CW AA4V SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa4v@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW AA4V SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 18:14:28 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: AA4V
Operator(s): AA4V
Station: AA4V

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: SC

  160:   61    14       44
   80:  124    19       70
   40:   87    25       74
   20:   69    14       62
   15:  208    15       84
   10:   10     8       10
------------------------------

Club: Carolina DX Association

Comments:

With very limited operating time due to extended visits to the beach by my
wife's family, I managed to get in 9 hours at odd hours throughout the
week-end. Conditions seemed very good on all bands with some good propagation
to AF and SA on 10 meters. I succeeded in repairing my Titanex vertical for 160
and 80 after losing the top third last winter. I machined the reducing collar on
the top third of the antenna and used english measure tubing rather than metric.
I tried to get metric repair parts from two sources in Europe who represent
themselves as Titanex distributors but after many promises from them, nothing
was forthcoming. I felt that the verticals for 160, 80 and 40 were working VERY
well over salt water ground. Kudos to ZL8X for great ears on 80. Pennant
antennas were used on all low bands. High bands were covered by a 3 el SteppIR
yagi at 60 feet. The Elecraft K3, ACOM 2000A and N1MM worked seemlessly. The
ACOM amp really does a great job handling SWR above 2:1 on excursions around
the bands chasing multipliers. Thanks to all those who called in. CU in the
ARRL DX CW from KH6 in February.