[3830] CQWW CW KI7MT SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ki7mt@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KI7MT SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 17:41:57 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KI7MT
Operator(s): KI7MT
Station: KI7MT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Montana

  160:
   80:   60    20       35
   40:   91    25       57
   20:   73    25       45
   15:   87    24       39
   10:
------------------------------

TNX to all the DX for your participation. Although my numbers are very low,
picked up several new countries / band modes. I missed three zones: 23, 26 &
40.

Could only work a few hours here and there, in between the XYL's project list,
so jumped in whenever I could get in the shack.

I tried to stay off 20M's, as it seems to be a major LID magnet these days, and
this weekend was no exception. I saw several DX stations being harassed by
carriers (no matter where on the band they were at), digital signals and other
assorted methods of disruption.

Other than the LIDS which followed certain DX stations around, the bands seemed
to be in pretty good shape. 80/40 was fairly quiet here with lots of AF, OC, JA,
EU heard. 15M was touch and go it seemed or maybe was just my timing in the
shack, but when it was working, big sigs were heard from all directions. I
didn't turn the rig to 10M or 160M at all, so I have no Idea what was happening
there.

Operated fairly low power ~ 500W or less most of the time, as I just completed
some AMP work. I still have some input tuning that's needed on a few bands, so
I didn't push it very hard.

Was fun getting in and scrapping with the Big Gun's having just a couple
verticals and basically low power. I lost most (but not all) of the big battles
on the high bands where 24 elements v.s. 1  came into play. I guess there is
something to that Gain figure thing ey :-)  On the low bands, things seemed to
even out a bit more, all the Big Guns were probably asleep :-)

Will look for ya in the ARRL 160M and 10M tests.

Station:
RIG: FT-1000MP
AMP: AL-1500 =<500W
80M: Inv-V @ 65ft
40M: Phased Verticals
20M: Elevated Vertical
15: Used 1/2 the 40M Array for 3/4 wave Vert.

73's
KI7MT