[3830] SS SSB N1YX Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1yx@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N1YX Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 16:21:59 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N1YX
Operator(s): N1YX
Station: N1YX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EMA

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

My new keyboard having problems when I run power, so I entered LP. Didn't have
much hope, but after being called by few rare sections (AK, MAR, NWT, NE) I
decided to go for it (the sweep). 10 hours before the end I had 78 sections,
was missing MS and ME (yes, ME!). Quick CQ call on 80m brought bunch of ME
offerings, so I left with need for MS. I have to admit, all my previous SS
participations (last two years) I never had a sweep, always had 79 and always
missing MS! Deja-vu all over again! Now I had almost 8 hours to hunt for it. I
heard couple of them doing S&P, but they did not hear me, or they just moved
fast away. Finally, 5 hours to the end, I run into WQ5L on 20m and was pretty
much out of it rest of the way.