[3830] SS SSB K3DNE SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3dne@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K3DNE SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 19:55:31 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K3DNE
Operator(s): K3DNE
Station: K3DNE

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MDC

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Got off to a better than usual start for me on 20m but it came to a halt when I
switched to 40m.  RF was getting into the audio.  I apologize for those first
few 40m qso's I made with bad audio.  Turned out RF was getting into the audio
chain via my Multi-Switcher.  Once I figured that out I was able to bypass the
Multi-switcher all worked well but lost a good 1.5 hrs of prime time on 40m.
Only other problem was triggering the fire alarm at midnight (again on 40m) -
was amusing listening to my xyl to explain to the monitoring service that it
was just her husband interfering with the alarm while using his ham radio!  We
did learn we need to review our emergency procedures with the kids as the alarm
did wake them up but they started wandering around the house instead of meeting
in our pre-set emergency location!  Had fun! Someday I will break 200K.