[3830] WAE RTTY N7WS Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY N7WS Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 08:48:13 -0800
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: N7WS
Operator(s): N7WS
Station: N7WS

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: AZ

   80:   12   12    0     32
   40:   34   34    0     45
   20:  120  120   39     98
   15:   57   57   40     52
   10:    2    2    0      4
------------------------------
Total:  225  304   79    231  Total Score = 70,224

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first experience with QTCs and since I didn't really have time to
read and completely understand the instructions before the contest and my
contest effort was casual, I intended to simply not send or receive any.

So I programmed a N1MM macro with "SRI QRU". Well into the contest, HG4I asked
"Can you take my QTC?" I sent the macro and he must have copied QRV because the
next thing I know, he sending QTCs.

So what do you know, I hit CTRL Z and copied his QTC. With wet feet I now took
several stations' traffic. I did have one hiccup where I received garbage and
somehow skipped populating number 8 or 9 and put what should have been 10 into
number 9 box. I asked for a fill for 10 three times and it wouldn't take,
since
it was already in 9. I finally gave up and just saved what I had, so I
actually
got only 9 of the 10.  (Apology to 9A5X)

Two stations sent me the call SQ200FC and N1MM choked on that. It took
some fussing to log them but somehow I managed (I know the correct way now).

Maybe next year, if I'm still alive, I'll try sending QTC and I'll have a 10
and 15 meter antenna other than a coax-fed 80-meter dipole.