[3830] SS CW KC4HW SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kc4hw@centurytel.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW KC4HW SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 18:14:41 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: KC4HW
Operator(s): KC4HW
Station: KC4HW

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH:

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Mr Russell, N4KG always says that you have a empty entry for your 3830
submission if you don't write it up.  So here goes.

I guess that CW and I are not real good contest partners.  I continue to have a
very difficult time getting up to a competitive level--actually I don't know
that I will ever get there.  hi hi

However, I want to THANK all that came along and slow down to my 20 or 22 WPM
CW speed and my frequent requests for repeats.  It is nice to know that one can
get in a major contest and have the contestants support those less capable than
themselves.

I did manage to work a SWEEP again this year, my second time.  Unfortunately, I
only had 1 QSO with DE, LA, PR, UT, VT, MB, NL and NT.  So hope that all those
will stand up to log checking.

I had a couple of good rate hours: at 03Z Hour had 46 Qs and at 20Z had 48 Qs.
So those were pretty good for me.  Overall for my 17 hours the rate was almost
37 Qs per hours.  A 37 average would have allow me to reach my total Qs goal of
800, but I was not able to give the full 24 hours.

OK, here is the rundown on the station:

FT2000D, 200 Watts
W3YY CW/RTTY Interface
Writelog 10.81f

New computer, Window 7/32 (Home Premium)and two USB interfaces.
Computer, Software and interfaces for CW and CAT never gave a problem once they
were setup.

Antennas:
80m Inverted Vee at 65'
CC 2L40 at 118'
40m Delta Loop, apex at 65'
204BA at 108'

Actually the Delta Loop on 40m was best most of the time.  It gave great
results on the East Coast thru the Central part of the US.  However, the 2L40
gave good results on the West Coast.

The 80m inverted vee worked very well also.

Will be in SS SSB as well.  Did 1025 QSOs last year with 79 mults.  Hope to
break the 1200 QSO and get the SWEEP on SSB.  Would be my first on SSB.  Hope
to hear you there.

Jim/KC4HW