[3830] WAE CW KU5B(@NX5M) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW KU5B(@NX5M) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 22:48:18 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: KU5B
Operator(s): KU5B
Station: NX5M

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Somerville, TX

   80:
   40:   96    82    28
   20:   98   100    35
   15:  131   133    30
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  325   315   103  Total Score = 136,960

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Convinced NX5M to hook everything up in preparation for NAQP SSB next weekend;
sure glad we did.

Very part time effort...spent most of the weekend fixing stuff that has been
neglected since January. Lots of beverage fixing in the brutal August Texas
heat but after all is said and done, everything works.

I learned not to mess with the SHIFT knob on the FT-1000D; couldn't for the
life of me figure out why guys +20dB couldn't hear me. TXing 1.3kHz away is
probably the reason. I've put a big "KU5B: Don't Touch the SHIFT" sign on that
station for the future.

Good fun; nice runs on 15m made for some excitement. Great EU ops as usual.

See you NA's in NAQP SSB next weekend as NX5M.

Colin KU5B