[3830] NAQP CW W6NF Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vhfplus@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W6NF Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 05:38:36 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: W6NF
Operator(s): W6NF
Station: W6NF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Silver Springs, NV
Operating Time (hrs): 5.5

  160:    4     3
   80:   23     7
   40:   78    31
   20:   72    33
Total:  177    74  Total Score = 13,275

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team #6

Comments:

About 02:30 we had strong winds, associated with a nearby thunderstorm, come
through. The 70mph plus gusts broke over my 65-foot 80 meter vertical at about
the 25-foot level leaving the tip resting on the ground. I was, subsequently,
able to work only the strongest signals and it really hurt my final score...not
to mention that I spent time trying to see if I could repair the antenna.
Continuing winds made that impossible.

20 and 40 were both quite good this time. Few signals on 160, which I hoped
would compensate for the 80-meter antenna disaster. Apologies to N7MH at W7RN.
We tried to go to 15 after a Q on 20 but, with no 15meter antenna here, Mike
could not hear me even thought his signal was good. The 15 meter antenna
situation will change before next week's Rookie Roundup.