[3830] WPX CW KR0SS(OH6KZP) SOSB20(TS) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW KR0SS(OH6KZP) SOSB20(TS) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 04:40:50 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KR0SS
Operator(s): OH6KZP
Station: W0SHQ

Class: SOSB20(TS) LP
QTH: Independence, MO
Operating Time (hrs): 0.75

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

I was in Missouri presenting my doctoral dissertation research at the Mormon
History Association conference, and thought it would be cool to get on the air
for a couple of hours at the very beginning of WPX CW before flying back to
OH-land the next day. I had never worked radio from outside mainland OH before,
so this was a new experience.

Thanks to Robin W0FEN and Doug WA0EMX for making the operation from the W0SHQ
club station possible, and to Robin for loaning me the family club callsign
KR0SS. Also worked 9 QSOs on 15m and 20m with the callsign W0SHQ.

For one accustomed to an auroral oval between OH and W-land, it was fun hearing
a 20-meter band full of US stations with solid signals at 00Z. Had a few QSOs
for fun and chatted with W0FEN about all things radio in between.

The wildest idea was to operate the end of the contest from Finland, thus being
on the air from two continents in the same contest, but I was a bit too tired
upon return to give that a shot...

73
Kim OH6KZP