[3830] NewEngQP K1BX/R SO Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hamfam6@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NewEngQP K1BX/R SO Mobile LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 12:50:19 -0700
                    New England QSO Party

Call: K1BX/R
Operator(s): K1BX
Station: K1BX

Class: SO Mobile LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 8.13

   80:      0        0
   40:    148        0
   20:    267       69
   15:      1        0
   10:      0        0
------------------------
Total:    416       69  Mults = 62  Total Score = 55,800

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Was not planning to drive as much as I did!

Saturday I started at my son's track meet in ROCNH. Went to BELNH and STRNH
then to my driveway in HILNH.

Sunday made a few more QSOs in the driveway, then to SULNH and CHENH. That is
where I planned to stop. But I was only 20 miles from VT and it was maybe 5pm.
I went to WNHVT for K0LUZ and down to FRAMA. I went back to WNHVT for the last
half hour. I was going to run MERNH but passed to go to VT.

Only had one antenna mount. So had to change hamsticks often. Never got to 80
meters. Was bummed 10 & 15 did not open. The only RF in the car was on 40m. The
key was hot (RF). But the winkey did not mind the stray RF. The hamstick is not
quite long enough for 7.025 MHz.

Black Flies were worst in my driveway! There was a cloud of them as the car was
running.

Rig FT847
Winkey USB for CW
N1MM Logger latest version

The new ROVERQTH function in N1MM is awesome. A pop up asks for the county and
then starts a new log. If you put the rover qth macro in F2, your qth exchange
changes automatically. It saves lots of work. Total score for the contest is
displayed no matter how many counties you run.

My on time is only 8+ hours, but I was on or driving for all but maybe 3 hours.
Drove about 450 miles. No interstates. Luckily the home QTH is in the center of
New England. Thanks for all the QSOs.

73, art