[3830] NewEngQP VE4EAR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NewEngQP VE4EAR Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 07:13:02 -0700
                    New England QSO Party

Call: VE4EAR
Operator(s): VE4EAR
Station: VE4EAR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:      6        0
   40:     27       19
   20:     58       46
   15:      5        0
   10:      0        0
------------------------
Total:     96       65  Mults = 53  Total Score = 13,621

Spent Saturday focused on the 7QP and working New England when I cam across
them.. Late Saturday afternoon and early evening, 20m was packed with signals
and all of the NE stations were very strong. This is the common trend for
propagation so why would I expect Sunday to be any different.

Sunday propagation fell through the floor. Sunday morning signals were weak on
20m and by mid day, I was hard pressed to find any New England stations in the
noise. Listened to N4PN and W0BH both working stations like crazy but I
couldn't hear anything. Packed it in for several hours and found plenty of
other chores to do.

Lesson learned, if propagation exists, use it, you can never rely on it being
there the next day.

Congratulations to the mobiles for a job well done!

Ed

VE4EAR