[3830] FlQP N4O M/SCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1to@aol.com, fcg@kkn.net
Subject: [3830] FlQP N4O M/SCW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 08:55:11 -0700
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: N4O
Operator(s): K1TO K8NZ
Station: N4O

Class: M/SCW LP
QTH: 51 counties

--------------------
Total:  3289    0  CW Mults = 70  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 920,920

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

N4O was a tribute to Ink, N4OO who enjoyed the FQP so many times from his mobile
set-up.  Thanks to his many FOC friends for supporting us with so many QSOs
along the way.

Once again, we chose the simple method of sending and logging by hand, and
using a speaker so that the driver could also listen.  Ron outfitted his
passenger van with Hamsticks and an Icom IC-746 once again.

Activity was terrific, and probably unprecedented!  We ended the first day with
1578 QSOs and the last hour was over 240!  Sunday topped that with 1711 QSOs and
a last hour over 260!

As others have pointed out, skip was abnormally short at times and we worked
many GA and AL stations on 20.  Conditions seemed average for everywhere else,
with Europe peaking in our late afternoon as normal.  We did not bring a 15M
antenna with us and several stations alerted us to the openings on 15 each day.

We really lucked out weather-wise.  When we reached WAKulla, Ink's home county,
and our furthest northwest point, the trees were blowing around and the clouds
were moving quickly.  But we avoided any rain and QRN, unlike many others.  And
it seems that bad wx made many folks outside FL available to spend time working
us.

Multipliers:  From memory, we missed DC ND UT KH6 KL7 and VE5/6/8.
Thanks to the single stations from WY NV SD NE VE4 VE7
and the multiple stations from rare ones VT RI ME DE SC MS AR MT ID.
DX worked:  CT DL EI F G GM HA I KP2 LY OK ON SM SP TI UA UR VP9 9A (missed HB
again!)
No stations heard during the FQP from AF, AS, OC or SA.

Thanks to *everyone* for the QSOs and the FQP support!

RIP Ink.

73, Dan, K1TO and Ron, K8NZ