[3830] MiQP WO1N Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wo1n@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] MiQP WO1N Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 19:19:49 -0700
                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: WO1N
Operator(s): WO1N
Station: WO1N

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EMA

   80:   21     10
   40:   33     25
   20:   15      3
   15:    0      0
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:   69     38  CW Mults = 37  Ph Mults = 26  Total Score = 11,088

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Station: FT1000D, C3-SS@38', DX-LB@55', 80M Vert dipole, N1MM

 Local N1IW/8 offers up his divine inspiration (a bottle of single malt to
whomever shows up in his log the most) to get some of us on the east coast on
for this event each year. So, I aimed to please with probably 6 hours in
the chair on a cold and rainy Saturday.

 From an out of state perspective there seemed to be less participants but
those Q's were replaced by working the folks who were in the contest on more
bands and modes.

 20M closed soon after the start to Mi from Ma. 40 played well for the entire
12 hours. It took an hour or two after dark here before 80M became reliable.
Initially the only way I could make a contact on 80 was with the low dipole
even though the received signal strength was higher on the vertical dipole.
Eventually both antenna worked equally well (or poorly).

 CQing was not productive and only added the challenge of logging non-MI Q's
and ONQP participants in a separate logging app running besides N1MM.

 Overall, a nice event and a great web site to support it.

Ken
WO1N