[3830] RTTY WPX PY2SEX SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX PY2SEX SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 14:59:38 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: PY2SEX
Operator(s): PY2SEX
Station: PY2SEX

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Campinas

   80:
   40:   52   288
   20:  132   383
   15:  374  1108
   10:   66   190
-----------------
Total:  624  1969  Prefixes = 312  Total Score = 614,328

Club: Rio DX Group

Comments:

Well, well, well.... This contest was real funny! For the first time I really
enjoy a digital contest, since I started with my curiosity on this mode,

this one was the best I have made ever..
When I still leaved in Rio as PY1KS, I used to grab the Mic to my speaker with
a rubber ring. Yes!!! Believe it! This was my first experience with RTTY,

and I got some QSOs, after that I enjoy some contest, just pressing MOX,
release MOX and so on... hi hi hi..After a long time away from Ham life I'm

back and got a home made interface with PY2XAT, I have configured and worked
fine, but not like I wish, so I made some QSOs, hunted some new DX stuff

and a little bit on contests. So, I bought the Signalink USB and I had a little
headache to configure with my PC without screw my sounds preferences.

For this WPX I even thinking to participate, because my PC was like sick horse,
crashing, freezing and blah blah blah.. So I decided upgrade the OS with

WINdows 7 and WOW!!!! My PC becomes a Ferrari (I know that was a little over
reaction), but was faster, no freezings, I re-install all logging programns

and the MMTY too. I have tested at Thursday night and everything worked
perfectly... Nothing bad at all... SO I put a goal for me. I will do 1000 QSO
on

RTTY this time, but, I remember that I should work at Sunday, so I decrease my
goal to 500 Qsos or 500.000 Points.

I started late, because I was with my friends playing Guitar Heroe and drinking
some beers, hihihi nobody is perfect.. I started to print some call on

my screen and make QSOs, I tried 40m at night but is too terrible, wrost than
CW, and I'm a big complainer, but at least I can trust on my ears for CW

and RTTY don't.

I decided go to bed and get over at morning, but I slept a lot.. hihihi..
Started again at afternoon, but was cool, 10m was a nice surprise as well as

15m. I tried some 40m again but is totally crazy, insane, I couldn't print
anything correctly, maybe I need to learn how configure the program exactly

like should be, but in the morning was better.. Some minutes before leaving to
work, i got a lot of QSOs on 40m and was more clean than night, I get

late at work. hihihi... I think I had around 350 QSOs and still had the night
to reach my goal! I backed from work and went direct to the shack, under

32ºc and a real nice pile-up, I could do 3 QSO in a minute in 4 opportunities,
that was amazing! hihihi..

I can say that my best Digital contest ever, but I still prefer CW than
everything else, I can trust on my ears and not in a computer! hihihi.

If you really read all this stuff you are a very patience person, and if you
have any tip to improve my RTTY, I appreciate that.

Sorry my English...

Best regards and see you on ARRL DX CW next weekend.

PY2SEX - Alex
py2sex@gmail.com
www.twitter.com/py2sex
MSN: py2sex@live.com