[3830] TBDC K1TN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jamesdavidcain@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC K1TN Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 04:21:52 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K1TN
Operator(s): K1TN
Station: K1TN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SNJ

Total:  QSOs = 26  Total Score = 88

Sorry I could not do more, could not give out more points. My
end-fed-66-foot-wire-in-a-tree refused to cooperate. We have had a ton of rain
the past couple of days so maybe that's the problem. I could tune up fine above
1900 and on 80-10 but it took forever to tune up low in the band, where the
action was, and could not "hold a tune." Very strange. I managed to get a tune,
worked K7RAT on one call, then everything blew up again, so I bagged it.
Ah,well. Maybe, with luck, this will be my last contest season here to have to
put up with this.

A few more feet of antenna length might help this problem on 160 Meters but I
don't want to wreck the length on the other bands (which tune and work great).

Jim Cain
At The K1TN not-so-Superstation this weekend