[3830] SS CW N6HC Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N6HC@aol.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW N6HC Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 09:05:15 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N6HC
Operator(s): N6HC
Station: N6HC

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ORG

  160:    0
   10:    0

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Another autumn ritual has come and gone...the ARRL Sweepstakes CW contest.  I
have participated in about forty of these events since I was first licensed.
The contest still gets my juices flowing after all this time.  But the lack of
satisfactory propagation has somewhat lessened my enjoyment.  I tried warming
up the upper layers of the atmosphere at the beginning of the contest on 15
meters.  Big mistake!  That band is still not ready for prime time.  Thank
goodness for twenty and forty meters which accounted for 79% of my QSOs.  I was
impressed by the degree of activity from the MDC & VA sections this year.  Could
that be the PVRC competeing for club superiority over the NCCC?  There were many
QRP entries too.  They made for a lot of "ear strain" attempting to copy their
message accurately.  My usual competition in the high power (unassisted) ORG
section race (W6PH) was away on "sabbatical" on Maui.  Aloha Kurt (AH7ZA)! (and
mahalo).  I was able to spend the full 24 hours in front of the transceiver but
never could get a consistent and sustained run going.  On the negative side, I
find it amazing how many people can't even send their own calls on CW and can't
copy my call accurately.  My UBN from last year showed lots of competitors
working N6SC and getting "dinged" on their score.  I hope everyone had fun in
the 2009 version of SSCW and I hope to work you in the upcoming SSPhone
segment.
Best regards from the "Hotel California" de Arnie  N6HC