[3830] TxQP KU5B SO Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, colin@ku5b.com
Subject: [3830] TxQP KU5B SO Mobile LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 13:48:34 -0700
                    Texas QSO Party

Call: KU5B
Operator(s): KU5B
Station: KU5B

Class: SO Mobile LP
QTH: 5 Different

   40:   40     14
   20:  104     13
   15:    5      3
   10:    2      1
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  162     31      0  Mults = 49  Total Score = 31,852

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I went mobile with NX5M driving on Saturday night through WASH, BURL, and BZOS
counties on the way to College Station where I ran from BZOS for a while. I've
got an issue with RF on 80m as the radio would suddenly change to 2.7MHz or so
and I would have to scramble back to 3.550. Hopefully I can get that resolved
before LAQP next February.

Sunday I took off to MILA and RBSN counties after getting a frantic e-mail from
Chuck on Thursday night asking if I could pick up any more counties close to the
NX5M area.

I CQ'ed for at least 15minutes on 15m in each of the counties but only NX5M and
VE2AWR called, thanks Serge! This was an all hand keyed event for me since my
WinKey is still on the fritz. The palm paddles don't like to send "R" the way I
want them to so BURL and RBSN were big pains to send. Most of the time it would
come out BUENL or ENBSN...that'll need to be fixed too.

Good fun though. Had a nice time operating mobile as well as at NX5M. I won't
be able to play as much as I'd hoped for CQP next weekend but sure I'll enjoy
those fine ops out that way anyway.

Colin KU5B