[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K1WHS Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF K1WHS Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 14:15:18 -0700
                    ARRL September VHF QSO Party

Call: K1WHS
Operator(s): K1BX, K9PW, K1CA, K1OR, N2CEI, K0DI, N1JFU, K4SME, K1WHS
Station: K1WHS

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: FN43MJ
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  397    68
    2:  388    47
  222:  124    32
  432:  178    34
  903:   46    19
  1.2:   54    19
  2.3:   29    15
  3.4:   21    11
  5.7:   17    11
  10G:    6     4
  24G:
-------------------
Total: 1260   260  Total Score = 515,060

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

All our plans fell apart early in the Summer, so we just showed up and played
with the radios instead of a full blown effort. There was no planning to speak
of. We ran a few skeds on the lower two bands, but only about 1/3 of what we
normally do. The end result was we had a ball and enjoyed the company of some
wonderful operators. We even got some sleep!!  The 10 GHz station was broken,
but otherwise, the other bands seemed to work OK. Conditions were never good.
Saturday evening was about the best it got after the rains stopped. By Sunday
noon, the wind was howling and any chance of tropo was gone.  Activity was
down. The flurry on Sunday night did not appear on 50 and 144. I think we
worked out what we could work earlier, and spent the evening thumb twiddling on
those bands.
CU next year!