[3830] ARRL Sep VHF VE3SMA/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3sma@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF VE3SMA/R Rover LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 05:15:13 -0700
                    ARRL September VHF QSO Party

Call: VE3SMA/R
Operator(s): VE3SMA
Station: VE3SMA/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: Ontario
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:   53    14
    2:   95    23
  222:   47    19
  432:   56    20
  903:   18    10
  1.2:   19    10
  2.3:   16     9
  3.4:   15     8
  5.7:    8     7
  10G:   12     7
  24G:    7     7
-------------------
Total:  353   141  Total Score = 107,300

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Also: 7 QSOs and 7 Grids using lasers, and 7 grids visited.

I thought things were going quite well during the contest (apart from a major
traffic jam on my way home Saturday night!) and it turned out to be my best VHF
contest score ever.  This is a bit of a preliminary estimate - I use pen & paper
logging to simplify things in the rover and it will take a while before I get it
all fully processed.

Tropo was quite good on Saturday, especially to the southeast - highlights
included WA2FGK (FN21) on all bands 50 MHz - 3.4 GHz from both FN04 and FN14,
and K1TEO (FN31) on 144 - 1296 from FN04.  I even worked some FN31 stations on
2m other than K1TEO !  Conditions were more normal on Sunday and it seemed
tougher than usual to work stations in Michigan from my more westerly sites.

73,
Steve VE3SMA