[3830] NAQP SSB N6WM(@N6RO) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N6WM@largeradio.org
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB N6WM(@N6RO) Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 00:54:35 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: N6WM
Operator(s): N6WM
Station: N6RO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Oakley, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:    5     2
   80:   37     9
   40:  146    41
   20:  372    50
   15:   40    17
   10:    7     3
-------------------
Total:  607   122  Total Score = 74,054

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team #1

Comments:

Ok gang.  my first exposure and trying to get a handle on S02R SSB in a
contest.(at this point I really need to call it SO2R light)  caused a couple of
QLF's. but the potential is there I see it.

Made a couple of strategic errors.  first with off time.  Kind of hosed my low
band potential from such a fantastic station by loosing track of time and not
taking early breaks.  ended up with 24 minutes of low band time.  fotunately I
ran at 174 qpm for 21 of the 24 minutes thanks to SO2R.

Second error was going hard core on 40 too early.  In January this worked out.
In August in put me square back on 20 and restarting my runs.

Special thanks to Ken N6RO for allowing me to single op from the station, and
thanks to Iain N6ML for setting up the SSB SO2R station.  You fellas both rock
the house.  I learned some good stuff during this test that I will carry with
me from this point forward.  Also a nice mid contest visit from KG6C who
hopefully will be joining future contests from Radio Oakley.

Additional thanks to all of you my fellow contesters, for the qso's, mults and
sticking it out this go round.  Some strange band conditions for sure.

73, and of course, seeya next time.

Chris
N6WM