[3830] ARRL June VHF W2FU Limited Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF W2FU Limited Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 11:35:02 -0700
                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: W2FU
Operator(s): W2FU N2PP K2TJ
Station: W2FU

Class: Limited Multi-Op HP
QTH: FN22

    6:  415   134
    2:  126    31
  222:
  432:   44    24
  903:
  1.2:   16    11
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  611   200  Total Score = 139,400

We haven't done a VHF contest in a few years and this is #1 from a new location
in FN22.  Antennas went up the week before and we had no idea what was working
or not until we got started in the contest.  Turned out, most everything was
working, but we we had voltage sag problems from a generator sized about 1/2
what we really needed.  Lots of funny things happened when things would sag on
1296......

One tower + a temp tower for 6.

6M - IC 756PRO and ~600W - 5EL @ 40'
2M - IC 746PRO and ~ 600W - 5WL @ 70'
432 - K3/Transvert ~400W - FO25 @ 78'
1296 - IC 756PRO/Transvert ~ 80W = 4x looper @ 74'

We hope to be on in September with a couple more bands and a bigger generator.

Lots of fun.

Jeff