[3830] EU Sprint SSB DK6XZ(E77XZ) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dk6xz@t-online.de
Subject: [3830] EU Sprint SSB DK6XZ(E77XZ) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 03:06:11 -0700
                    EU Spring Sprint, SSB

Call: DK6XZ
Operator(s): E77XZ
Station: DL0MB

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Rastatt, S/W DL

   80:   41      50`
   40:   59    120´
   20:   29     70´
---------------------
Total:  129   Total Score = 129

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Hello Everybody!

The best of the contest for me was the chat with some guys of the Sprint
Community - after the contest. It started with someones "fun" discussion ( in
try to convince GW4BLE to make the QSO at 20:00 z ), saying: "the rules says,
you can work +/- 2 minutes out of the contest time - will compense the
differances on various PC-clocks" ;-).

Steve ( GW4BLE ), Tonno ( ES5TV ), Nik ( F5VIH ), Andy ( HB9DUR ) and Carlo (
IK1HJS ) joined the round - belive, Jose ( EA5DFV ) was there as well. Andy and
Carlo, who were for the first time in Sprint commented to had a great fun - so
wellcome both of you! Personally, I would prefere that much more stations would
work in this short and nice event. It can not be the sense of this contest
format to force you 1/3 of the time to animate and work as much as possible
001, 002, 003s and "steal" participants from other contests. Sprinting would be
possible - as Ged ( LY9A ) wrote - when there are some 100 people "sprint"
together.

Those who have fun on this game should propagate EUSprint and animate other
contester to join us. Let´s help the Sponsors and rise this way the fun factor
for all of us. The time of more sunspots is in the front of us...

Particularly to the contest: 20m was CT1ILT & ES5TV + few other stations ( I,
EA, LY ). No UA/UR at all!? YP9W was surprisingly stong there. I spent too long
time on 40m, as no SO2R set-up: so moving stations from 80 to 40 made me stay
longer there, because of PA tuning. The contest was slow, but me too. Last 20
min to really concentrate on 80m ( and the total of 50 min ) was not enough
time invested into.

Congratulations to Tonno, who collected few less than 200 Qs at the end. I
missed Fill - as many others - on 80, but even on 40. What was happened? He had
the half of my QSO-total within first 30-40 min on 20!?

Well, will be fine to meet you in both Autumn legs and hope that we, till this
time, can together convince a dozen or two of our contest friends to join us.

73 Suad, DK6XZ ( E77XZ )