[3830] WPX SSB NN7SS(K6UFO) SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB NN7SS(K6UFO) SOAB QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 17:32:58 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: WA

  160:    0
   80:    2
   40:    7
   10:    0

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Now I remember why I haven't done this contest for
three years - the SSB QRM really hurts the ears!
With no sunspots, everyone is packed on 20m, and
the QRM is tremendous. Also, its SSB, and contacts
that would be easy on CW or RTTY are no-go on SSB.
I didn't stay up either night for the low bands, as
I've learned that QRP, SSB and low bands don't work.

Saturday morning 20m had only weak Europeans here,
and few could be worked over the East Coast. Sunday
morning was better for Europeans.

15m had little on Saturday, but an opening Sunday
afternoon put 30 quick QSOs in the log.

North American was 50 percent of QSOs, followed by
South America at 25 percent. Over 45 DXCC countries
were worked, including the 6W in Senegal on 15 meters,
at 5 watts, thats over 1,000 miles/watt!

Complaints are people who never give their call, just
"QRZ?" and the callers who don't standby when the DX
asks for specific letters.

Based on last years scores, I would be 4th Place US
QRP, but I didn't spend enough hours to get the score
building up more.

See you on CW and RTTY,

NN7SS (op K6UFO)