[3830] CQ160 CW OP5T(ON5UM) Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, on5um@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW OP5T(ON5UM) Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 02:25:34 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: OP5T
Operator(s): ON5UM
Station: ON5UM

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: JO21GC

Total:  QSOs = 694  State/Prov = 27  Countries = 69  Total Score = 371,904

FT 1000 MP Mk V + TL 922
TX Antenna : sloping Inverted L over raingutter feedpoint @ 6 m (stealth
wire).
RX Delta fixed to east .
QRM from plasma Panasonic 5 m below rig ...
Severe storm friday had my inverted L all tangled up around it's telescopic
support and was showing an infinite SWR . No way to untangle in the dark so
there goes first night ( appears to have been the best ).
Got up by daylight to unravel the antenna and make my 1st qso's @ 07.42 UTC
with K9RS .This early morning session took me to 10.00 UTC with my best ever
run on TB with 95 qso's .
Back in business @ 13.00 UTC to work some EU .350 Qso in the log finishing with
zone 23 (no multi , hi ) @ 00.37 UTC. Went to bed (yess) and was back @ 05.10
UTC. Worked 50 DX in a row . First time ever worked MT/OR and AZ from home .
Also logged KV4FZ, FM5CD,FM5BH,C6ANM,VP9/N1SNB, 6W/DL2RMC,PJ2T,OY9JD before
going back to logging EU untill 08.13 UTC.Back on the band @ 15.30 UTC untill
21.57 UTC with some breaks to finish up the contest .
Guess if I had been able to work the 1st night and stay on the second one also
maybe I could have reached the 1000 Q mark what would be something more or less
unthinkable here untill now. All in all , even missing prime time ,this is my
best score from my condominium station . So, fellow little pistols , never give
up and try something like me . 2 x 0.4 mm wire will do the trick as long as You
have a good counterpoise ......
Thanks all for the great time I had and hope to have many more of this kind
without Mr Murphy checking in ..
SSB leg will be at OT5A M/S probably .

73 ,

Jim ON5UM / OP5T