[3830] NAQP CW N6WG Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6wg@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N6WG Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 16:29:34 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Newark CA

  160:   20     9
   80:   61    20
   40:   70    29
   20:   45    28
   15:   50    20
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  246   106  Total Score = 26,076

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team 5

Comments:

SOAPBOX: I had a fine time, but as in the recent past, my score
SOAPBOX: is lower than before.  It seems to track the soar cycle
SOAPBOX: curve rather well.  Too well, in fact. :-)
SOAPBOX:
SOAPBOX: I got a slightly late start but I don't think it would
SOAPBOX: have changed much.  Spent most of my time in the first
SOAPBOX: half doing S&P.  When the low bands woke up, I did more
SOAPBOX: CQing on 80 and 160.
SOAPBOX:
SOAPBOX: I was really pleased with conditions on 80m, being able
SOAPBOX: to call and work stations on the east coast with my 5w.
SOAPBOX: The 160m top-loaded vertical works like a charm on 80m
SOAPBOX: as a top-loaded half-wave vertical.
SOAPBOX:
SOAPBOX: Running and QRP don't usually go together, but I did
SOAPBOX: actually have some short runs of maybe 4 or 5 calls before
SOAPBOX: they dried up again.  It was fun, though.
SOAPBOX:
SOAPBOX: For VE, just BC and ON were all I could find.  I did work
SOAPBOX: my old standbys, though--HI and AK.  Also KP4.  Heard one
SOAPBOX: XE station, but could never catch his attention.
SOAPBOX:
SOAPBOX: When the dust settled, I had worked 46 states (including
SOAPBOX: HI and AK).  Missed ND, SD, RI and ME.  So I guess I shouldn't
SOAPBOX: complain so loudly :-)
SOAPBOX:
SOAPBOX: Thanks to all for the Qs.  Hope to see you again in the SSB
SOAPBOX: NAQP.
SOAPBOX: 73, Bob N6WG
SOAPBOX: The Little Station with Attitude