[3830] RTTY Roundup N7NM Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, thenewt@msn.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup N7NM Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 15:53:03 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: N7NM
Operator(s): N7NM
Station: N7NM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WWA

   10:    0
------------
Total:  912  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 32  Total Score = 79,344

Great contest! Lots of activity but unfortunately my antennas
on the low bands didn't allow me to take advantage.  Huge activity
from CA so at least my 40/80 efforts weren't a complete waste of time
since my gutters are oriented in that direction!  Reworked my RF ground
system before the contest and had no glitches/stuck keying/shutdowns etc.
the entire contest which has plagued me for years. What a difference!
Worked 49/50 states only missing WY - found out by reading these comments
that WY7FD, who called me but we just couldn't get an exchange
completed, was actually in WY!! Ouch! The only activity I heard from EU
was about a 1/2 hour BEFORE sunrise on Sunday morning. Wierd!

My take on message length is the shorter the better as MMTTY throws a
lot of garbage at you to decipher.  Hard to believe in this day
of rapidly advancing tech. that this remarkable but now 10 year old
piece of software is still the "gold standard". I had more than a few
instances where NY of HNY was the only part of an exchange copied! Luckily
I wore the number off the F7 (agn agn) key or I'd have many more
contacts from NY.  Not sure a contest is the best place to throw in
all the pleasantries of a normal QSO and yes I have been accused, mainly
by the XYL, of being way too into this stuff. Wait till I throw some
actual antennas over the roof! She ain't seen "way into" yet! This stuff
is so much fun!

73's, Doug - N7NM