[3830] CQWW CW RW0CWA(N5ZO) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, marko.L.myllymaki@nokia.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW RW0CWA(N5ZO) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 05:08:20 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: RW0CWA
Operator(s): N5ZO
Station: RW0CN

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Near Khabarovsk

  160:  309    18       33
   80:  609    23       54
   40:  859    31       79
   20: 1048    36       80
   15:  118    25       36
   10:    1     1        1
------------------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Zone 19.
Operating time about 45 hrs.
FT-1000MP + 1 kW amplifier, N1MM for logging.

This was interesting contest effort from interesting location to participate.
Highlite was excellent antenna system on 160/80 (full size GPs + beverages) and
very good band conditions on low bands.  I had relatively low noise especially
from US direction and I was able to work 120 US stations on 160 and another 150
on 80.  This far exceeded what I was expecting.
Low point was conditions on 15 and 10 which bands never really opened anywhere.
 I only heard 2 stations on 10 m and was able to work JA but not HS.  15 m
opened to US zones 3 and 4 only at the very end of the contest producing 12 US
contacts.

Hardest population center to work from this location seemed to be Western
Europe, and I have only 12 G QSOs and another 7 F QSOs in the log.  This
despite big monobanders on all bands 40-10 m.  Also, I only had 86 contacts to
zone 5, so US East coast is not easy either.

On the other hand, I only made 655 one point JA QSOs, so that really did not
compensate for those lost Western European QSOs and mults.

Surprising point also was that there actually was some propagation on some band
all the time, and with sunspots coming in next years one can actually expect to
make quite good score also from this part of the world in coming years.

Local club in Khabarovsk is building impressive contest station in this
location, and I'm sure we will hear from that location in future contests.

I'm very gratefull for local team RW0CN/AA7CH, UA0CA, RW0CF, RW0CR, UA0CW,
RZ0CQ, UA0CC, UA0CO, UA0CDX, UA0CAD and others for many hours of hard work
pre-contest on building and setting-up this world class contest station and
site and letting me have this opportunity to try how CQ WW is from this part of
the world.  It was truly wonderfull trip and experience !

73 Marko N5ZO