[3830] ARRL 160 KV4FZ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, herbs@vitelcom.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 KV4FZ Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 15:02:38 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: KV4FZ
Operator(s): KV4FZ
Station: KV4FZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Virgin Islands

Total:  QSOs = 982  Sections = 76  Countries = 41  Total Score = 258,219

Club: Contest Warriors

Comments:

This contest is impossible for the ops in U.S. Overseas Territories to be
competitive with the mainland big guns. I worked all the ARRL sections but four
and made nearly 1000 Q's with 41 countries. If I operated a few miles away in
the B.V.I. at least I would have a chance among the DX entries. But the rules
are unfairly skewed by the ARRL Contest Committee so nobody operating from a
U.S. possession ever even gets listed by making the top 10! It just doesn't
make any sense to punish "DX" in KP4, KP2, KH6, KH2 etc. this way!  The ARRL
claims it is not a DX contest.  Well if that is the case then what is it
anyway?