[3830] CQWW CW SP4Z SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sp4z@poczta.fm
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW SP4Z SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 11:56:33 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: SP4Z
Operator(s): SP4Z
Station: SP4Z

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Lapy

  160:  233    15       61
   80:  891    29      102
   40:  868    38      139
   20:  671    36      128
   15:  130    28       59
   10:   10     3        8
------------------------------

Club: SP DX Club

Comments:

dear Contesters:
Low bands were in good shape
I was QRT on Sunday morning from 02:00 to 05:00 UTC for sleep
Really nice 30 min opening to NA on 15m on Sunday afternoon
but only for very directive area: VE1,W1,W2,W3
I am far to North-East of Poland, close to LY@EU border.
There no were other signals at that moment specially from
mults area of Carribean Sea even plenty of spots.
Strange very selective opening on 15m.

I wanted to rich 3000 QSO - but mults are worth that total score.
Congrats Balkans friends YQ9W LZ8A YR9P for their higher numbers of QSOs
in our category.

Plenty of work made before Contest with repair 3 antennas on
one mast. It put up on Friday - one week before Contest + Beverages
for season + hardware work on equipment setup of course.

TRCV was small IC7000 bcse FT1000MP Mark V was deaf due to some problems
with roofing filter perhaps - not time to check what was wrong
(borrow that rig few days before Contest)
Main Receiver had almost 20 db weaker signal than Sub-Rec.
So I used in IC7000 - 3 memo channels for each band with handly finding and
recording in few seconds a new spoting station and backing to CQ in main
channel
to not loose running freq (sometime was already busy after "Cluster" QSO).
Sometimes I hate that procedure but after mult QSO - feel much better.
Sometimes I was first working spoting station or monitoring that QRG
waiting for best moment to DX QSO during CQs in other time.
DSP in IC7000 really work good - cancelling QRMs from big stations
close my freq.

Lost few nice double mults like KH7X, HS0ZDY on 80 + few on 160m
I really recommend small split for rare stations on low bands:
QRMs slows rate that station. This method used 5H3EE, 7X0RY, XW1B

All and all I like that contest very much and there are plans
for next years.

73 Wes SP4Z

http://www.contesting.com/articles/943  (thank you Henryk SM0JHF)