[3830] CQWW CW N6AN(@W6AQ) SOSB/40 QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, davidchodge@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N6AN(@W6AQ) SOSB/40 QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 15:44:03 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N6AN
Operator(s): N6AN
Station: W6AQ

Class: SOSB/40 QRP
QTH: LAX

   40:  106    26       48
------------------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

In honor of Alan Kaul, W6RCL, I accepted Dave "W6AQ" Bell's challenge to
operate
QRP, one of Alan's favorites. Life is very different when your output power is
300 times less than the "Full Gallon Gang." My hat is off to you guys in zones
15, 16, 17, 24, 27, 28, 35 who heard me; thank you! The other zones were
relatively easy to work, hi! I heard but could not work zones 18, 20, 21, 26,
36, ,38, 39. Never a sound was heard from zones 2, 12, 22, 23, 34, 37. I heard
someone complete a QSO with TF.
One nice thing about QRP is the lack of blower noise, RFI problems, general
setup.
And with a calibrated K3 just set the level to 5.0 watts and forget about it. I
confess to checking the power level now and again when I completed a tough QSO.
Had the power increased somehow? Amazing; still only 5 watts!
Operating from Dave's (thank you, Sam!) is very comfortable and the view out
the window as the sun slowly floods the hills with light is lovely. He makes a
very tasty hamburger, too.
Sunets and, especially, sunrises frequently evoke good memories of the many,
many CQWW experiences I have had since my first contest in the '70s. Thanks to
you all for being a part of them.
Kudos to the DXXE group who work hard to give you zone 6. More than 10 stations
were planning to be active, full and partial time, all band and single band.
Hopefully you got one or more of them in your log.
73,
David, N6AN/XE2GG