[3830] SS SSB K6RM SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6rm@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K6RM SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 14:24:08 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K6RM
Operator(s): K6RM
Station: K6RM

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: Mountain View, CA

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

K3/100 to a G5RV at 35 ft (average).  Missed PR and SC.  I'm happy with a score
that is my personal best by a significant margin.  Ran into several folks
calling CQ and expecting callers to give their exchange info first - strange.
I usually don't use the spotting network and not sure it helped me that much.
Noted lots of discrepancies with two spots for the same station at the same
frequency. for examples, W5W vs W5WW,  K0FVF vs K0FCF, K3(?)QQ vs N3(?)QQ,
K1BZN vs K1BZM.  Can't belive how much overprocessed audio is on the air -
often leading to barely readable sigs, ESPECIALLY from hi-power "big gun"
stations that don't even need the "edge".   Thanks for the Qs.
Barry, K6RM