[3830] SS CW K1RX Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K1RX Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 04:43:45 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K1RX
Operator(s): KF1V, K1RX
Station: K1RX

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: NH

  160:    2
   10:    1

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Enlisted my long time friend, Mark, KF1V to join me on this short journey to who
knows where!  We had a great time to say the least.  I think it was over 30
years ago when I introduced him to the world of CW contesting and I think SS
was the first exposure.  He learned a lot back then and got really good on CW
and now blows me away for copying speed.  Student now much better than Master!

We had some great laughs as we recalled the many fun contests we have played
over the years.  Both of us were very pleased with the results.  Had hoped to
set a new record for the state with a glimmer of hope to set a division record.
 Hopefully both will prevail - now in the hands of log checking.  Regardless,
another fun time and my thanks to the many excellent operators we encountered
in our CW SS contesting journey this weekend!

Some fun moments, tuned across K9FD/KH6 just finishing his QSO with an OZ
station on 160 M and called him, asked for a SS Q and he obliged.  Not much
action on this band or 10 Meters but some day it will return.

Best raw score on CW for this station!  Not bad...
Thanks to VY1EI for the QSO Sunday morning (and sweep at that point) and then
off for our first morning break.

73, Mark, K1RX