[3830] CQWW SSB LX7I(LX2A) SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lx2a@gmx.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB LX7I(LX2A) SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 04:15:23 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: LX7I
Operator(s): LX2A
Station: LX2A

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Eschdorf
Operating Time (hrs): 47
Radios: SO2R

  160:  598    14       68
   80:  818    20       95
   40: 1077    31      126
   20: 1722    38      148
   15:  721    32      118
   10:  163     9       40
------------------------------

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

What a contest!!!!

I was preparing this contest for one year and spend hours and hours on puting
up new antennas, coax cables, beverages and ......
Everything was just ready in time (3 hours before the contest). That is why I
did not get any sleep before the contest.
My goal at the beginning was to increase my score from last year, but
everything worked even better than expected.
I tryed to make as much 3-point QSOs as possible even if the rate was somtimes
going down (52% QSOs outside of EU).
I missed some multipliers on the low bands and I need to improve my antennas.
On 160M I heard many DX-stations I could not reach.( I have alredy some Ideas
on how to improve my signal for low bands, .!!!)

Still now I am very suprised about my score but I know that I even could do it
better.
I want to thank everybody who called in, especially all the multipliers.
Also congratulation to my friends from WWYC CU2X, OH8X and NN3W for their great
score.

This was a real nice experience even if the last 3 hours were very hard as I
was very tyred after 60 hours without sleep and signals.

I am still a young contester with 27 and have still a lot to learn.

cu in the CQWWCW as M/? and in other contests

I will update my homepage in the next days and upload my log to LOTW
www.lx2a.com

73s and GOOD DX from
Philippe LX2A / LX7I

My setup :
Run: IC-765PRO3 + Amp
Multi: IC-756 (10years old with no filters) + Amp
MK2R+

160M: DP / Inverted V
80M : 4-Square / Loop
40M : XM240 @29m / GP