[3830] CQWW SSB AK4I SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB AK4I SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 18:22:12 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: AK4I
Operator(s): AK4I
Station: AK4I

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Marietta, GA

  160:
   80:   33     7       17
   40:   36    12       24
   20:  247    24       88
   15:  114    19       50
   10:    8     3        3
------------------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

The bands were noisy but workable.  I had my doubts Friday night but Saturday
calmed my fears.  The opening to the Far East at dusk added to the fun.
However, the best day for me was Sunday.  20 and 15 meters produced contacts
all day long and the opening to the Far East Sunday was the best I've seen in
my relatively short ham experience.  I worked lots of JA's, an East Malaysia
and a China, and others.  It went on to the end.  Quite a good time!

The equipment was a Yaesu FT-2000, Ameritron 811H, and a Cushcraft MA5B at 65
feet.