[3830] CQWW SSB DL1Z(DF3KV) SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB DL1Z(DF3KV) SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 07:31:15 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: DL1Z
Operator(s): DF3KV
Station: DF3KV

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: JO42OF

   20:  563    29      105
------------------------------

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Tactic was to work as many mults as possible over the first day and start to run
in the afternoon when statesite fully opens which worked pretty well for me.

Wanted to use my SDR-1000 first time in a contest which did nicely until US
propagation opened. Then I had massive receiving problems, found out most
signals appeared in LSB as well but were only images 18kHz apart from their
actual frequency.
Trouble shooting SDR/sound card was not sucessful. I gave up since converting
the station back to analog was too much effort and I was tired of all the
garbage I had to listen to before.

Next day I found that only DSP adjustment for image rejection was necessary.
Next time I better study the manual in advance.

SDR-1000 (1W)
20m homebrew IPA with 4-65
L4B
3x 5L KLM stacked, highest rotatable, lower 2 fixed 300°

Thanks for all contacts.

See you in ARRL 10m

73
Peter