[3830] CaQP KA3DRR/6 SOFixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP KA3DRR/6 SOFixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 18:35:12 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: KA3DRR/6
Operator(s): KA3DRR
Station: KA3DRR

Class: SOFixed LP
QTH: CA

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:   62     0
   20:   10     0
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
    6:    0     0
    2:    0     0
--------------------
Total:   72     0  Mults = 21  Total Score = 4,536

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This year was a challenge but I always take away a little more experience. The
gain may not be measured in the numbers and the focus morphed into technique
using my software controlled Yaesu FT-100 in conjunction with N1MM Contest
Logger. I learned how-to build my entry window and group my function keys
accordingly. I'm using the mouse to click and send instead of pressing function
key(s) more times than not.

Using the dual-VFO utility in N1MM continues increasing in value as each
contest passes. I'm learning how-to split a band between calling CQ or
searching and pouncing without leaving the keyboard. Additionally, I like
typing in a frequency ie. 21040, hitting the enter key, and my radio instantly
moves to that frequency. I have not utilized the band map using telnet to
search for new multipliers either. And I'm looking forward to learning if
spinning the dial from the keyboard is as efficient or more efficient than

I do believe, that a killer A-index of 14, an SFI of 67, a huge string of dits
and dahs ie. KA3DRR/6 dented my ambition this year. However, within the hours
of contest operation, I enjoyed 40M the most and focused my effort on this
band. Forty yielded the best signal(s) in both directions both at sunset and
sunrise unlike 20M activity. Fifteen meters did not produce any activity of
note from my location.

The contest season is young and I'm looking forward to Sweepstakes in November.
Till then I hope to see you in the contest log and contest on...

73
Scot, KA3DRR