[3830] CaQP W0BH SOFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CaQP W0BH SOFixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 15:18:57 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 14
Radios: SO2R

  160:    6      1
   80:   45     39
   40:   62    171
   20:  101    353
--------------------

Got started over an hour late (1704z) after arriving home from an overnight
camping trip at a local lake. Conditions were excellent from Kansas on 20m and
good on 40 and 80 with lots of stations to work.  The first 57 mults went
quickly (2141z), but like others, Sierra was a holdout until 0102 when W6DSG
checked in which gave me the sweep.  Not sure how the time to sweep is
calculated, but it took me 7 hrs and 58 minutes of op time to get it. It was
nice to know that I had W6OAT/m in Sierra on Sunday as a backup plan, but I
ended up missing him there anyway.

I also scheduled a practice session for the Hesston College ARC, so spent an
hour on Saturday and 3 hours on Sunday as control op and "contest instructor"
for the students as they enjoyed working the CQP as well (see K0HC post).

Top QSO numbers:

7 - N6O, NE6LE
6 - K6AQL/M, K6NA, NI6T
5 - 11 ops

Thanks to all who participated for this most enjoyable QSO Party (especially
the mobiles and expeditions) and to the NCCC for sponsoring the event. One of
these years I really need to put in 24 hours!

73, Bob, w0bh