[3830] CQ WW RTTY N9TF SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY N9TF SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 19:47:36 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: IL

   80:   68   80      32       3     5
   40:   63   93      24      11    10
   20:  139  370      13      49    16
   15:   11   31               7     5
Total:  281  574      69      70    36  Total Score = 100,450

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

WOW...there are some really great scores out there!

I had a blast. Just wish I had more time to spend in the chair.
Band conditions to this tiny station were great. 20m opened to EU early in the
morning Saturday and was there all day.
At some point Saturday afternoon, with signals still pounding in from EU, I
found I was struggling to make Q's unlike earlier in the morning. It wasn't
until I did a band change to check out 40m that I found I was already on the
40/80 dipole!! Switched back to the beam, and WALLA, I was being heard again. I
was beginning to think my call had changed in MMTTY to "AGN AGN ??"!!
Highlight for me was working TF3PPN, breaking through the EU pile in just two
calls. His first response to may call was AGN AGN?? Made it the second time
though.

Station conditions: TS-2000 100 watts to three different Alpha Delta short
dipoles at 35 feet and a MA5B mini tribander at 37 feet. MMTTY with WIN-EQF
logging. Gotta try N1MM to MMTTY in the future. It's a real pain to have to
click back and forth to log and TX!!

73 Gene, N9TF