[3830] WAE CW W1UE(@K1TTT) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1ue@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WAE CW W1UE(@K1TTT) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 03:01:57 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: K1TTT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 33
Radios: SO2R

   80:  169    40    38
   40:  462   404    43
   20:  742   964    53
   15:  194   210    37
   10:   51     0    21
-------------------------
Total: 1618  1618   495  Total Score = 1,601,820

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I didn't think conditions were any better than fair.  We got a surprise 10M
opening Sunday morning from 1200-1400Z; while I stayed there CQing for about an
hour, it only produced 51 Qs.  15M was always work, closing early on Sat but
staying opening much longer on Sunday.  Signals on 15M were fair, but not
enough stations seemed to be there.  Low bands were fairly good Sat, ok on Sun,
and local QRN was too high Sun eve to tell then.

I was only able to operate 33 hours; took all my off time during the two nights
then lost 3 hours Sunday afternoon due to thunderstorms.  Actually lost more
than that, as condx were so noisy before and after the thunderstorms that rate
dropped due to fill requests.

Great job by K1DG and NN3W.

Thanks to the DARC, and thanks for the all the Qs.

Dennis W1UE