[3830] NCCC Sprint N9RV LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint N9RV LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 20:08:05 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint - Aug 8

Call: N9RV
Operator(s): N9RV
Station: N9RV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MT
Operating Time (hrs): .5

   80:  10      8
   40:  20     14
   20:  18     10
Total:  48     32  Total Score = 1,536

Wow, that was fun.  It is a *lot* better with no dupes.  Much more fun hunting
new guys.

The contest started with a bang, almost literally.  On the second half of a
couplet, just as I was sending my exchange to K6VVA a gigantic critter fight
erupted in the garage next door.  Ran in to see the cat locked up in a death
fight with another cat, which I had to chase off, etc.  I guess Rick didn't get
the exchange (or more likely, I hit the Esc key on the computer) because he came
by later.

20 was long, W9RE was loud, K9BGL was weak, and the Wisconsin boys were
nonexistent.  40 was super, and even 80 was interesting.  No prospects of a 160
antenna anytime soon.  Still using my 50 foot high wire, which seems to do OK.

Some guys aren't following the Sprint rules on exchanges.  A couple never give
their own call as part of the exchange.  Also heard a guy who didn't know about
the Sprint QSY rule at all and just stayed on freq calling QRZ.  With a contest
every week they will get straightened out.

  - Pat
    N9RV