[3830] ARRL June VHF WB6BFG Limited Multi-Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wb6bfg@AMSAT.ORG
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF WB6BFG Limited Multi-Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 21:15:30 -0700

-------------------
Total:  178    42  Total Score = 8,232

Club: Slovenia Contest Club

Comments:

FT-847
6M = 5 EL AT 20 FT.
2M = 6 EL AT 20 FT.
70cm = 24 EL AT 20 FT.

About 1/2 way thru Saturday, Wild Bill went out to the Aluminum Pile here at
the 'Ranch' and found a busted up 432 long boom.  With welding rod, aluminum
spikes and all round ingenuity, he got us on 432 for some greatly need points
as at that point the conditions were so poor that it did not look like we were
going to break 25 Q's on six.  We don't know if the 'throw together' was
optimum but it was still fun to move folks to that band here locally.

Conditions were great all week here UNTIL the gun sounded at the beginning of
the contest.  I worked with the team thru Saturday and came over on Sunday
morning for an hour and it seemed like it was leaning towards the 'better side'
of things.  Then I left for a family wedding (on Father's Day???) and only came
back to help wrap up the reporting.  It looks like there was a crack in the
Sporadic E as they pounded out a few more Q's / Grids on Six.

WN6K, Paul
N6UWW, Ellen
WB6BFG, Wild Bill

Get Outside and Have Some Fun!!!