[3830] ARRLDX SSB ZS6/HA3LN(@ZS6AA) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB ZS6/HA3LN(@ZS6AA) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 02:32:15 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: ZS6/HA3LN
Operator(s): HA3LN
Station: ZS6AA

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Johannesburg
Operating Time (hrs): 4h46

   40:  115    36
   20:   43    17
   15:   11     7
Total:  169    60  Total Score = 30,420

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

The equation of this contest:

USA beams EU + EU QRM + this propagation = shocked operator + this score

- should have been bigger fun to use ZS6/HA3LN/P/M/QRP... my chord still pains
- was difficult to hold the TX and RX freq together on 40m
- never struggled so much for a contact even with the big guns
- gave up after 19 hours tho Win-Test said 4h46 hours of operation (the actual
is 13 hours)
- 9 out of 10 when somebody turned the ant down I got the "wow, good signal"
comment...

But...
It is a good experience to see how the thing goes from this part of the world.
The same as I felt from VK/ZL. It's a real effort to finish a contest...
It seems I got used to the European high 160-10m rates too much.

Big TNX to Andrew ZS6AA and his family letting me use his great station,
tolerating my desperate CQs and adopting me for the weekend.
It was great time and I really felt like at home. Thank you.

I hope to hear(!!!) you again.

73!
Csaba  ZS6/HA3LN

---