[3830] CQ160 CW K0PK Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kentp@co.st-louis.mn.us
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K0PK Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 05:34:46 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K0PK
Operator(s): K0PK
Station: K0PK

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Northern MN, EN37rk
Operating Time (hrs): 27.5
Radios: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 504  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 5  Total Score = 69,660

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

In spite of conditions not seeming quite as good as last year from this QTH, I
managed to improve my score by a little better than 10% over my 2007 effort.
The 2007 CQ160-CW was my last "paper log" contest, so I'm sure computer logging
helped. A loop RX antenna and second radio also made a difference. The first 300
Qs were easy and I thought making my goal of 500 Qs was a cinch, but I had to
work like a dog for the last 200! Almost made WAS again but didn't hear KL7.
Worked CE,CU,KH6,VP9,XE and R3 m/m. There was a fair opening to EU both nights
but they weren't hearing my QRP sig.

Thanks to all the ops who did the "heavy lifting" in pulling my signal from the
noise. You're the ones who make QRP worthwhile!  73 - Paul, K0PK