[3830] ARRL Jan VHF K9JK/R Limited Rover LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF K9JK/R Limited Rover LP
From: "John (JK) Kalenowsky, K9JK" <hamk9jk@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 17:55:20 -0600
                    ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes

Call: K9JK/R
Operator(s): K9JK
Station: K9JK/R

Class: Limited Rover LP
QTH: IL/EN52&EN62
Operating Time (hrs): 2.1

    6:  15     4
    2:  18     5
  222:   9     3
  432:  14     4
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
Rover Act.:  2
-------------------
Total:  56     18  Total Score = 1422

A "limited" effort in "Limited Rover" to initiate the new category and
convenient due to the arctic outbreak here in Chicago to be able to do
a "mini" set-up for the rovermobile and minimize outside exposure
time.

Equipment was an FT-100D (no bricks) for 50, 144 and 432 driving
a 6m Hamstick on a magmount for 50 and a Create Log Periodic for 144
and 432. I also had an IC-3AT handheld with Rubber Duckie antenna for
222 that I made a few QSOs with and I did plug the center of the N
Male from the cable to the Log Periodic on to the HT's BNC to make a
QSO with WO9S to claim an extra mult (EN61) on 222 (as well as on my
other 3 bands). Very thankful that there were a number of 'local'
stations on and active when I was out there: 7 different call signs
from EN52 (K9ARM, K9IJ, KE9LN, KG9IL, N9TF, W9CL and W9RM - thanks
Andy, John, Tom, Kevin, Gene, Claude and Keith/Jay); WB9SNR to be able
to work EN62 (thanks Jim); WO9S and N2BJ from EN61 (thanks Jon and
Barry); WD9AYR from EN51 (thanks Ed); and one 'not so local' who had
GOOD ears (thanks Bob, K2DRH, for EN41 on three bands).

73, JK