[3830] NAQP SSB NJ8J Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB NJ8J Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 22:40:24 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: NJ8J
Operator(s): NJ8J
Station: NJ8J

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA

  160:    0     0
   80:  134    31
   40:   71    28
   20:   32    19
   15:   17     8
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  254    86  Total Score = 21,844

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC #3

Comments:

Equipment:
100' sloppy doublet off-center fed with ladderline
LDG AT-11MP Automatic Antenna AND MFJ-969 manual tuner
Alinco DX-77T
CT 10

Well, we're at least back on the air here at Bedsprings Brigade Manor.  I
expected this to be a part-time effort, but Metro-Atlanta snow kept me at home,
allowing a full-time effort.

My score is a bit less than half my first Jan NAQP Phone back in 2001, but the
big difference seems to be in my scores on the high bands, so I'm going to
blame the sunspots (or lack of them).  My combined 40/80 score here beat my
40/80 score from Jan 2001, but on 20/15/10, it went the other way, which made
the difference.

I was glad to find 15 open when I got on at 1851Z, though it didn't seem to
last long.

One nice thing about the wide phone bands on 80/75 is that it's now possible
for even us Bedsprings Brigade stations to find a place to run.  I had one run
of over an hour and another of maybe 30 mins, which is a good part of the
reason that 80 ended up being my best band (as opposed to 2001, when 40 was my
best band.  The rate meter topped out at about 78.