[3830] NAQP CW K8MR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K8MR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 22:19:43 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:  140    42
   80:  162    50
   40:  181    50
   20:   86    33
   15:   63    22
   10:   17     6
-------------------
Total:  649   203  Total Score = 131,747

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team: Mad River Kilowatts

Comments:

We used the name Shannon in memory of Shannon Harps, the 31 year old daughter of
K8NZ, who tragically was killed on New Year's Eve.  The story of this can be
found at:

http://archives.seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/texis.cgi/web/vortex/display?slug=stabbing03m&date=20080103&query=shannon+harps

Things started out pretty slow, and about sundown I saw no way I was going to
spend the rest of the night fighting bad conditions. I took time to read the
newspaper, catch the between football stuff, etc.   But the bands recovered and
kept going well until the end. This may have been my biggest NAQP score ever.

About 1930z I asked local AF8A to move to 10 meters, figuring I ought to get my
one multiplier up there out of the way. When I moved, I heard other signals!
Worked Gary, and another bunch of W6's and nearby. Got a bunch of ?? from W7ZRC
but no QSO.  Had six band qsos with W6YX and VE3EJ.

This was the first contest for the Molly, the new cat in the house. At one
point, while crawling around the keyboard, she somehow managed to hit <INSERT>
just about the time K0KX was asking for a repeat, so the appropriate info went
out. I hope this did not make me multiop.

Do I qualify for the Classic Radio Contest?  All the 40 meter qsos were with
the 1980 vintage TS-830S.  Still works!

73 & Happy New Year,

Jim  K8MR